Sunday, October 2, 2011

Nothing Sweet for Me

I admit I eat a very limited diet. I eat a lot of protein and fat. I limit my carbs. If I don’t I’ll binge. If I binge I’ll go crazy and I may purge… this is the worst and I want what’s best for me – there fore I eat SAFE. I can eat rice, but only a few tomatoes, I can have all green vegetables I want, but fruit is a big no no. If I crave sweet things I have my nuts – they are fat and carbs – they are my friends, however I keep them in small bags and never ever buy in bulk even though it’s much cheaper.
I’m happy with my diet but of course sometimes I get bored. So today for my first meal a-ka snack I decided to have one of my BF food bars:

He always encourages me to have them, because they are good, healthy and are prefect for the post workout snack. I examined the label: all natural made from nuts, seeds and dried berries and all natural agave syrup (!!!) but on the whole - all healthy.
So I consumed one.

And it was good. I could really taste nuts and berries, but it was soooooo sweet. After five minutes I craved the other one BIG TIME! I was ready to kill someone to have that bar.
No wonder - I am addicted to sugar so in my case, anything sweet is a drug, and I absolutely get out of control when I have it.
Thus instead of that delicious creation (I’ll never have again) I ate my usual – eggs.

My blood sugar stabilized and I could go one with my deeds.
Is there anything healthy that causes you cravings?

2 comments:

  1. how did i miss this post?! the 2nd of october?! 4 days ago!
    i love the photos of the bars. they resemble my KIND bars.
    something healthy that triggers me . . . yes.
    - blueberries (i just realised that i didn't consume a single blueberry all summer long! yeah!).
    - dried pineapple (i eat it in moderation)
    - vegan cheese
    - wheat pasta
    right now, that's about it. but, i can binge on everything and anything, so that's why my diet is so limited, natural, and pure. it keeps me sane and healthy.
    very good job switching to the eggs. managing the behaviour is key to success.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nicole, you’re probably the only person in the world who GETS ME.
    I’m so tired of explaining why my diet is so limited. I
    I guess my BF would enjoy your KIND bars even more

    ReplyDelete