Friday, October 7, 2011

It’s Friday: Time for Sushi and Chanel.

It’s an internal battle right now, about everything. I am really struggling with perfection in a very intense way and it’s not manifesting itself in eating disorder behaviors but it triggers my eating disorder thoughts like crazy!
The days, the weeks, the evens I had been through this week were always celebrated with huge weekend binges, later on binges/purges, as if I was gobbling up all the negativity of the week in one enormous feast of food. 
But I’m a survivor.
I no longer turn to food.
I indulge differently.
This Friday it’s Nicole’s Yoga, the Sushi, Chanel and Vino.

Yesterday I’ve watched the new Chanel fashion show.  Karl presented another collection to dream about. So this evening I dine on my old Chanel book

and sushi.


I feel alive.
What’s your favorite indulgence?

6 comments:

  1. greta, i adore you to pieces!!!

    my favourite indulgence is sushi, wine, and 1940s film.

    i LOVE british vogue, but film supersedes.

    and that's what we'll be doing tonight . . . after "barktoberfest." (rolling eyes). :)

    i heart you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that i commented on this one earlier, but that was with a martini in hand! now i have wine in hand, and i wish to comment upon, "i feel alive." that is exactly how i feel. it's such a fantastic place to be. we deserve nothing less. :) happy friday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time you comment, I fell less lonely on my battle.
    I’m so delighted that you ARE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds silly, but I hate having to deal with life without binging and purging. How do normal people do this all the time?

    I'm glad you found a way to be happy :) Just think of Chanel.

    I, too, am so thankful to have companions on my journey. Lovelovelovelovelove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be normal. However it’ll never happen. Or maybe when I’m old… still hard to believe… I doubt that it’s ever possible to feel and experience things as normal people do. Nor to eat like ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe one day! Just imagine yourself as a grandma having a slice of your grandsons birthday cake and not wanting to eat the whole thing. It will happen eventually :)

    ReplyDelete