Friday, October 21, 2011

My Sex & The City I


I have nothing to blog about. Seriously. So here’s the other confession of the SushiVogueGirl – I’m obsessed with The Sex and The City.

I don’t know where to start explaining my fascination; so I just write some random things that come into my mind considering the exquisite series.
The final season and especially the last two episodes of Sex and the City was a fashion spectacular! Partly because it was the final season and Pat Field obviously wanted to go out with a WOW. Partly because the last two episodes were shot in Haute Couture heaven – Paris. And partly to make it the most unforgettable ending to the most unforgettable show.
For today’s Daily Ruffle I am sharing my love of this TV show and I picked one of the most iconic dresses of the show – THE DRESS OF A THOUSAND LAYERS. Carrie wears this Versace masterpiece in the last episode of the show while she’s waiting for Petrovsky in her very expensive hotel suite in romantic Paris. Retailing at $79000 this exquisite ball gown made up of layers and layers of delicate tulle and ruffles in a dreamy sea-foam/soft grey/gentle teal (the colors are just too deep to only give one) made my heart skip a beat.


 
While I’m revisiting my Sex and the City mania … didn’t you just love this moment when Carrie told The Russian about slipping in Dior:

Carrie: I fell. I fell in Dior. So I decided that the more I purchased the less they’d think of me as the American who fell in Dior.

Aleksandr : They don’t think like that.

Carrie: Well, not anymore they don’t. This is the shopping equivalent of a lobotomy.
Oh I’ll watch it again…

4 comments:

  1. An American Girl in Paris, part one.
    my favourite scene ever:
    http://paris.gemzies.com/show/entry_16515/Carrie_talks_to_a_dog_in_Paris.html.

    this post has excited me so much, greta! i've watched every single episode more times than i can remember. in fact, although i own every episode on dvd, i often will view the episodes when broadcast on cable, even though i'm paying for cable and can be viewing new things. nothing will ever compare to sex and the city! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so happy we have so much in common.

    I may be free from bulimia, but I’ll binge on THIS almost every day. Never makes me sick, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sex and the city! When I was 14, I used to sneak into the living room and watch it while my parents were asleep. hehe. I've never watched the whole series right through though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey! Another Sex and the City Girl! We should definitely have to have the ex-bulimics’ party.

    I can watch it all day every day. Yes. I’m the addict. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete