Thursday, September 15, 2011

Avoiding The Pitfall Of Comparing Myself To Others

So I have a very beautiful model like colleague. We’re friends. At work we eat lunch together, chat over a cup of coffee in the lounge and enjoying eatch other’s company. She is very friendly and nice, but there are days like yesterday I start comparing myself to her:
She’s so much more beautiful than me.
She is smarter.
She is so sociable. People like her way more than me.
Her boobs are bigger
I wish my hair was like that.
Her clothes are better.
Her legs are so much longer than mine.
That girls body is amazing, so much better than mine...
She smiles so beautifully, I wish to smile like that.
She eats whatever she likes but she could be the Victoria Secrets' model, if she’d wanted to.
And so on and so forth.
Comparing, comparing, comparing...
It’s exhausting.
Comparing myself to her is always like fuelling my bulimia...
She’s all I’m not….

But DO I HAVE TO BE?
I DON,T .
Because I’M NOT HER.
I AM ENOUGH, I HAVE ENOUGH, I DO ENOUGH.
Learning to be me… UNPERFECT ;)

 Take care, sweeties ;)

5 comments:

  1. omg! greta, you are seriously a supermodel yourself! adorable, skinny, pretty, and fashionable! i like to think that i'm not biased when it comes to my friends' aesthetics, but i will be 100 % honest in stating that because i know you're a recovering bulimic + the fact that you're kind + the fact that you're very pretty makes the friendship so much more appealing to me! when a person doesn't take care of themselves aesthetically, it's not a huge deal to me anymore . . . but my brain is, indeed, more programmed to want friendship with those who care about their outward appearance. you also so happen to have a beautiful inside, and that's the sealing deal about why i'm so enamoured with your blog and our new friendship! when you see your coworker tomorrow, appreciate her . . . and realise that you're just as fabulous, if not more. xo from your ex bulimic friend nicole in the united states of america! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet, adorable, Nicole, THANK YOU! Your words made my day (or I better say night J) your friendship means a lot. I have so many things to learn from you and seeing myself beautiful is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so beautiful. It's so hard to see it in *ourselves* sometimes but I promise you, Greta, your friend is looking at you and thinking the same things you are: that you are so much more beautiful, well-liked, etc., than she is. I promise you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i have a lot to learn from you! yeah for beauty, health, wealth, and wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what you're talking about! You are so beautiful it's unfair!

    ReplyDelete