Saturday, November 19, 2011

No Internet and Beaujolais Nouveau

Due to some new constructions in my area I have no internet access at home. Yes, it’s possible in such country that I live in. I try to catch up with my favorite blogs at work, however I have not much time for it. I MISS MY FRIENDS SO MUCH.
On the wine thing.
At one past midnight on the third Thursday of each November, from little villages and towns like Romanèche-Thorins, over a million cases of Beaujolais Nouveau begin their journey through a sleeping France to Paris for immediate shipment to all parts of the world. Banners proclaim the good news: Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrivé! "The New Beaujolais has arrived!" One of the most frivolous and animated rituals in the wine world has begun.


By the time it is over, over 65 million bottles, nearly half of the region's total annual production, will be distributed and drunk around the world. It has become a worldwide race to be the first to serve to this new wine of the harvest. In doing so, it has been carried by motorcycle, balloon, truck, helicopter, Concorde jet, elephant, runners and rickshaws to get it to its final destination. It is amazing to realize that just weeks before this wine was a cluster of grapes in a growers vineyard. But by an expeditious harvest, a rapid fermentation, and a speedy bottling, all is ready at the midnight hour. By French law, Beaujolais Nouveau is to be released no earlier than the third Thursday of November.

Every year our one of my favorite wine bars was open for this amazing feast of the new wine. As you see the dress code was The Beret. I loved the event, the company and the wine.




What kind of wine you will be enjoying this weekend?
Do you like Beaujolais Nouveau?

5 comments:

  1. this weekend, i shall be enjoying "irony" which is a lovely pinot noir characterised by bursting flavours of cherry, raspberry, and butterscotch!

    i just did more reading on the beaujolas nouveau because i am not familiar with its flavour. according to wikipedia, "the wine can be dominated by such fruity ester flavours as banana, fig and pear drop." oh goodness, i must take a trip to europe soon for experimenting with the wine!

    i love your photographs from the wine bar! i love that you bring mention to the beret! you are such a style girl! sara jessica parker of lithuania. and i am sara jessica parker of pennsylvania. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you should definitely try the Beaujolais. And every year it tastes differently…

    Nicole, soon you’ll be striding the New York streets like a real fashionista , I however, I wish I could be at least a little bit of Sara Jessica Parker. Though I promise to always be striving to keep up with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. greta, it's 9pm here, and i visited your page because it always inspires me! for some odd reason, i don't get "update notifications" when you respond to my posts! boo! but the proactive checks are SO worth it because you are my favourite blogger (you and jessica at almostovernow). so here's the thing, i've had some wine, and i must be completely frank and tell you that your beret is fabulous! when i'm in new york, you will be required to visit me. maybe i'll meet a rich fellow who will pay for us to galavant around town all week, having pure fabulous fun. i would love that. would you?! i miss you, and i haven't even met you in person!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the nicest comment ever.
    I feel close to you too. On one hand it’s weird and unnatural, on the other – I believe in miracles. I guess it’s possible to make friends due to the modern technology.
    You’ve became so much since I’ve started reading your blog. Even my BF frequently asks “How is your American friend Nicole?” because I constantly talk about you. I DO RELLY HOPE TO MEET YOU IN PERSON. Though I would still think that I’m too fat or my English accent is incomprehensible. You inspire me to follow my dreams, and now meeting you is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes! i think we should plan for maybe five years from now! that's a comfortable time frame to get ahold of our fat thoughts and save lots of money to buy fabulous cute new york inspired clothing. oui, mademoiselle? :)

    ReplyDelete